One way to quickly and easily cut out empty calories to help lose weight is stop drinking soft drinks. While diet soft drinks don't have the calories of regualr soft drinks there are some studies that suggest even the consumption of diet soft drinks can lead to heart disease.
Here are 8 suggestions for much healthier drink alternatives to soft drinks, from an article on everydayhealth.com
1. Add slice of fruit, cucumbers, or mint to your water.
2. Natural green tea
3. Mix seltzer water with 100% juices that are high in antioxidants
4. Add sweet stevia, found in hollistic and organic food markets
5. Vegetable juice, preferably low sodium, also add in slice of veggies
6. Soy beverages are great for those with a milk sensitivity and it has some health benefits
7. Hot Tea (or iced) made from real tea leaves, great flavors and no additives
8. Java, yep even coffee is better than soda in moderation of course and when prepared without cream or sugar
With the exception of fruit juice, vegetable juice, and soy beverages, all of these drink alternatives fall into our Nutrition habit of not drinking your calories. However, if you're oing to reach for cold soda we'd rather you'd any from the list above. If you tend to leave vegetables out of your meal equations, vegetable juice is a great way to get vegetables into your diet.